The mission of the Kirkland Town Library is to connect community members through equitable access to information and resources that educate, engage, and enrich.
The vision of the Kirkland Town Library is to:
- Foster a community where reading and curiosity continue to thrive
- Serve as a key and valued institution for building and supporting a stronger community
- Expand the community’s perception and use of the library
- LEARNING: champion the vital importance of reading, diverse programming, and lifelong learning
- FLEXIBILITY: deliver excellent service to our patrons and adapt to our community’s needs and interests
- COLLABORATION: work with individuals, businesses, and organizations to address the needs of our community
- INNOVATION: invest in staff, technology, collections, and infrastructure.
- KINDNESS: offer a comfortable, safe, neutral, and welcoming environment
- SUSTAINABILITY: follow sustainable practices that are environmentally sound, economically feasible, and socially equitable
Board Governance: Set, act upon, and achieve the strategic goals of the library.
Advancement and Community Relations: Ensure the library’s long-term financial stability and sustainability by increasing the visibility and awareness of the library through effective community partnerships, development and stewardship in conjunction with the Friends’ efforts.
Facilities: Ensure the library facility is efficient, functional, sustainable, and memorable.
Finance: Implement strategies for the prudent handling of all library funds.
Human Resources: Establish and oversee plans for the recruitment, retention, and development of library employees consistent with the library’s mission and in accordance with state and federal regulations and laws.
Policy: Create, implement, and maintain policies for the effective governance of the library.
If interested in specific strategies and yearly goals, please contact the library director.
Adopted by Board of Trustees 12/15/2022