- Capital Region, Western New York, Central New York, North County, Finger Lakes, Southern Tier, Mid-Hudson Valley, and Mohawk Valley Regions have met all seven metrics required to begin phase one of the state’s regional phased reopening plan.
- NYS on PAUSE will continue through May 28 for regions that have not started reopening; a region can enter Phase One of reopening as soon as it meets its required metrics.
- Mid-Hudson Region is on track to enter phase one of reopening Tuesday, May 26th; Long Island is on track to reopen Wednesday, May 27th.
- New York State and local governments will provide death benefits for frontline workers who died from COVID-19 during this emergency.
- Campgrounds and RV parks are opening statewide.
- Veterinarian practices will be allowed to open in all regions beginning Tuesday, May 26th.
- Governor Cuomo released a guide to the state’s “NY Forward Reopening” Plan, along with the state’s regional monitoring dashboard.
- New York State has doubled testing capacity to reach 40,000 diagnostic tests per day, and has more than 700 testing sites. We encourage eligible New Yorkers to find a nearby testing site and get tested.
- New Yorkers are reminded to vote for finalists in the Wear a Mask New York Ad Contest by Monday, May 25th at WearAMask.ny.gov.
- The $100M New York Forward Loan Fund will provide loans to small businesses, focusing on minority and women owned small businesses, that did not receive federal COVID-19 assistance.
- The New York State sales tax filing deadline has been extended to June 22, 2020.
- Summer school will be conducted through distance learning.
- Governor Cuomo issued executive orders 202.17 and 202.18 requiring all people in New York to wear masks or face coverings in public, including when taking public or private transportation or riding in for-hire vehicles.
- New Yorkers without health insurance can apply through NY State of Health through June 15, 2020; must apply within 60 days of losing coverage.
- Health care workers can text NYFRONTLINE to 741-741 to access 24/7 emotional support services.
- New Yorkers can call the COVID-19 Emotional Support Hotline at 1-844-863-9314 for mental health counseling.
- Testing is free for all eligible New Yorkers as ordered by a health care provider.
- Your local health department is your community contact for COVID-19 concerns.
Ph. (315) 853-2038
55 1/2 College Street
Clinton, NY 13323
Monday – Thursday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Fridays from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Sundays (1/21/24 to 4/28/24) from Noon to 4 p.m.
Please follow & like us
The mission of the Kirkland Town Library is to connect community members
through equitable access to information and resources that educate, engage, and
Sign up for our email newsletter!
You can choose the list for adults, the list for kids, teens, and families, or both! You'll get all the latest news about programs, events, additions to our collection, and more.
By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Kirkland Town Library, 55 1/2 College Street Clinton, NY 13323. You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact